Toyota Prius Prime (2017 or newer)
Step 1: Installing the C2 Device
- Remove the C2 Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the C2 ID number and Activation Code.
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. The OBD-II port is located in the driver footwell, above the brake pedal.
- Attach the extension cable to the C2 device. Press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
- Attach the opposite end of the cable to the OBD-II port. Press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
Step 2: Verify that the LED lights are indicating the C2 device is working:
- The orange status LED is flashing and then turns solid.
- The blue network LED either flashes or turns solid.
- If both LEDs are solid, the installation is complete. Please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account.
- If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing refer to the Troubleshooting section under Frequently Asked Questions.
Step 3: Securing the C2 Device
- Tuck the C2 device in the space to the left of the emergency brake pedal, along the back wall of the footwell (pictured below).
- You will need to slide the C2 up and to the left into a space where it can sit out of the way without falling out.
- Secure the cable to a piece of metal nearby (pictured below) with a zip tie. Tighten the zip tie enough to be secure, but not so tight that the cable is being pinched.
- Use a second zip tie to secure the slack in the extension cable. Once again, avoid pinching the cable.
- Tuck the cable slack into the pocket at the very left of the driver footwell (pictured below).